Fishing is an enticing activity which many people do for fun. There are others who do it to earn a living.
You cannot be able to catch a fish using your bare hands because it is so swift and slippery. You need to have a flexible and a long rod which is known as a fishing rod.
There are wide varieties of fishing rods in the market. You should make your choice depending on several factors which include:
- The size of the fish you are targeting.
- The size of the rod you are comfortable with. You can get a rod that has a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 20 feet.
- The type of water: salty water/ fresh water.
You will need to attach baits at the hooks that are on the line to entice the fish.
Best Fishing Rods 2018
This is the best fishing rod for saltwater activities. It has slammer rods for Penn that helps it in retaining high stability. This ensures that it is firm to accommodate different sizes of fish.
The Penn slammer makes it be reliable and durable. It has been on the market since 1936 and it performs competitively.
The style name of this rod is one piece heavy. Its dimension is 80*7*7 and it weighs 4.5 pounds. Its item number is 91414 and its ASIN number is B005CU5YMC.
It has an average stir of 4.4 stars from its various clients.
- Its rods’ reel seat is made of graphite.
- Its spool is coated with aluminum. This helps in increasing the level of rigidity.
- Its frames are made of graphite that is lightweight.
- Its frame and rings are made of stainless steel.
- It has blank one-piece tubular graphite.
- Its drag system has 100 multi-discs that has carbon fiber.
- It is highly sensitive.
- It has side plates that help in retaining the fish even when it is making hard moves to escape.
- It has a senator reel which aids it in performing well in salt water.
- It has a reel made of stainless steel and a flexible power handle.
- It has a clicker that is heavy duty. It aids in sensing fish nibbles.
- It is powerful and has a high reverse speed. This is because it has high performing gear ration and stable senator reel.
- It has a pinion gear that is made of stainless steel and marine bronze. This makes cranking to be easy.
- It has a rugged shape that helps it in remaining tough during the unfavorable weather conditions.
- It is durable due to the graphite components.
- It can detect when the fish is around. You can be able to set your hook on time.
- It can endure rough weather conditions due to its rugged design.
This is the best light fishing rod. Its comfort and balance are well taken care of. For it to have high sensitivity, unique design and strength the manufacturer has worked with both:
- Sub-layer Armor
- Thirty-ton construction.
It has a reel seat and Abu design. This helps in ensuring that you have a comfort and safe connection between the reel and the rod.
Its market price ranges from 79 dollars and 132.28 dollars. You can return it after 14 days suppose you are not satisfied with it and you will get your money back.
You can make its payment using Visa, Discover, PayPal, and MasterCard.
- It has a lightweight. It is stable because it has light Zirconium and its guides have a titanium alloy.
- It is strong and durable. This is because it has sub-layer Armor which has many fibers.
- It is highly sensitive because of the EVA that is of high density.
- It has a reel seat that has some toothed bar.
- It has robotically optimizing cast system (ROCS). This enables you to make light lures and you enjoy maximum casting.
- It contains graphite of thirty ton. It helps in getting a stable shape and keeps the weight at the lowest.
- Its line weight is between 12 and 20 lbs.
- It has Abu shape that helps in catching many fishes.
- It has only one line.
- It is a one-piece fishing rod.
- It is fit for freshwater fishing activities.
- Its rod power is medium heavy.
- It has a three years warranty. When it spoils before the warranty period lapses you can be compensated.
- It is durable and stable.
- It is sensitive because of the EVA.
3. Cadence Fishing CC5 Spinning Combo | Lightweight 24-Ton Graphite 2-Piece Graphite Rod
This fishing rod is fit for different fishing situations. This is because it has CC5-spinning rod and CS5- spinning reel.
This will enable you to catch different sizes of fishes using this single fishing rod.
- It has nine bearings.
- A drag system that has carbon fiber.
- A carbon frame.
The above features make the gear to have a tender texture. Its blanks are made from twenty-four-ton carbon.
There are different sizes in terms of power ratings and length. Clients choose in accordance with their taste and preferences.
Its price is affordable, it costs 79.99 dollars.
- It has a light and strong Eva handles.
Its frames and side plates are made of carbon. Carbon helps in reducing the weight, it is tough and it does not encourage corrosion.
- It has 2 hooks at the bottom.
- Its inserts and guides are made of stainless steel. They do not corrode.
- Its drag system has strong carbon fiber.
- It is highly sensitive because it contains twenty-four-ton graphite.
- It has an anti-reverse smooth bearing.
- It has a split handle.
- Its length is 5’ to 6’.
- It has a high speed.
- Its spool is made of aluminum which is strong and light.
- It has eight bearing balls.
- It has a CS5-1000 reel.
- It has a spinning power of CC5.
- Its EVA handle is wide to make it comfortable for you to hold during your fishing activities.
- It has minimum resistance due to its anti-reverse eight balls bearing.
- It has varieties where you can choose depending on the length and the type of fish you are targeting.
- It is durable. It cannot collude because its frames are made of carbon.
Penn Squall Level Wind Combo ranks at the top list of the best fishing rods. It is tough and durable. This is because it is made of strong blank tubular glass.
It has aluminum oxide which makes it tough and to have a firm tip. Its gear has some contents of the bronze alloy that are found in the marine.
It has a drug system that has HT-100. We cannot conclude on the outstanding features of this fishing rod without mentioning that its frame is made of graphite reel.
The graphite frame has a lightweight. This enables you to use it for many hours without getting fatigued. This rod is medium light.
Its style name is 20-6 inches medium-one piece.
- The side plates and the reel frame are made of graphite that has a lightweight.
- Its drag system is HT-100.
- Its brand name id Penn Fishing.
- The dimension for this product is 76*6*5 inches.
- Its main gear is made of marine bronze alloy.
- It has 8 guides that are made of aluminum oxide.
- It has a solid tip. It is made of blank tubular glass.
- Its shipping weight is 2.4 pounds.
- Its rod is 6.6 inches long.
- Its line has 20- 50lbs.
- Its SKU code is 17076722.
- Its model number is SQL20LW2030C60.
You should confirm the number when you are purchasing to ensure that you are buying the original.
- It is durable because it is made of blank tubular glass.
- It is light because its frame is made of light graphite. You can do your recreational activities with it all day long without getting exhausted.
- It is flexible; it allows you to move swiftly.
This is 1 of the best fishing rods that is stable and durable. It has some contents of graphite that makes it be strong and responsive.
It contains Chromium that makes it be stable during the fishing sessions. It has a smooth and firm handle. This ensures that you are comfortable even when you have a lot of weight on your hand.
The dimension of this product is 90.6*1.6*1.2. It weighs 0.16 ounces. Its model number is CWD561MC. It is shipped within the United States.
- It is tough and light due to the Chromium components.
- It has a cork handle that is comfortable to handle.
- It has a warranty.
- Its handle has a cork design that is stable.
- It has graphite contents and a hybrid figure that makes it be strong and durable.
- One piece blank.
- It is fit for freshwater activities.
- It has a medium size of 5.6”
- Its line weight is between 8 to 17 lbs.
- It is flexible and swift.
- Its lure weight is between ¼ and ¾ oz.
- Its model number is CWD561MC. MH 6”
- Its lure weight is between ¼ and 1.
- It is swift and flexible. This enables you to catch many fishes within a short duration.
- Its line is light. It weighs ten to twenty lbs.
- Its model number is CWD601MHC.
- It is durable and light to allow you to do your activities comfortably throughout the day.
- It is attractive and outstanding because of its cork shaped handle.
- It has varieties. You can choose the one you are comfortable with when it comes to weight and the size of the handle.
6. KastKing Calamus Ultra-Light Weight Spinning Fishing Rods, IM7 Micro Polish 2Pc Blanks.
This fishing rod is lightweight. It is efficient in fishing activities. The tip of this rod contains rings, guides, and frames that are made of V-Mark titanium. This is to avoid adding a lot of weight which would be avoided.
For it to have a firm base, the manufacturers choose to add SKSS two pieces reel seats. When you are fishing in fresh water you can choose from
- Ultra-light nine spinning models that have 2.5 ounces.
- 7’ Medium Heavy rod that has 2 pieces.
- 4.6’ light rod that has one piece.
All the above rods are attractive to the eyes. They contain:
- Aluminum components that are greenish.
- Its metallic blank is light grayish.
- Its EVA handles have premium contents.
- It has nine different ultra-light modules. There is a 1 piece, 4.6’rod that is used for small fish like trouts and pan fish.
- There is a 7′ medium heavy 2 pieces rod. This one is fit for bass and any walleye.
- Its guides have Premium Titanium. Its rings and frame guide are made of V-Mark titanium. This material helps to sense the fish. The small polished blank helps in detecting as well.
- It weighs 2.5 ounces which are lighter compared to many other fishing rods. This makes it be fit for fishing walleye, trout, pan fish, and small bass.
- It has small IM7 blanks that are ultra-light. It has the modulus that adds to thirty million that are highly compressed.
- It is strong and durable. This is because of its KastKing total space.
- It has two SKSS reel seats which have EVA premium handles. It has a handle that contains a slit rear which helps in reducing the weight.
- It has a thin butt that reduces the weight.
- It is light. You can work with it for long hours without getting exhausted.
- It has a comfortable handle.
- You can choose between one piece light rod and two-piece medium weight rod.
- It is stable and strong.
Ugly Stick GX2 Spinning Rod is the new model of the ancient Ugly Stik. The manufacturer has combined both their original and modern enticing features.
The modern features include fiberglass, tech construction, and graphite. This has made it be durable, light, attractive and stable.
It is black and its model is USSP702M. Its assembled weight is 0.75 oz and assembled dimension is 84*1*1inches. Its manufacturing number is USSP702M.
- It has the Ugly clear point.
- It has a seven years warranty.
- Tech ugly construction.
- It is suitable for fresh water.
- Ugly Tuff stainless steel.
- It is lightweight and stable.
- It has a modern look due to the fiberglass and other added cosmetics.
- It is durable because of the graphite, fiberglass and tech construction.
- It is comfortable to hold. It has a light-weight; you can keep holding it even when a fish try to escape. You will fish for a long time without getting exhausted.
- It can compact with a wide range of lines. Its 1 piece Ugly Tuff which is stainless ensures that the line stays intact without slipping.
- It is strong, it cannot break easily. It can endure unfavorable weather conditions.
- You can catch many fishes because it has a clear tip that detects the movements. This alerts you so that you can set your hook.
How To Choose The Best Fishing Rods
You will need to have the best fishing rod for you to enjoy your fishing activity. There is a wide range of rods in the market.
You need to identify the one that will allow you to effortlessly make further and accurate baits cast. We will discuss various factors that you should consider during the purchase.
1. Rod Handles.
There is EVA foam and cork handle. There are other fishing rods that have the combination of the two. The two handle is comfortable, easy to hold and light.
The type of the handle a fishing rod has will determine your comfort and performance.
When you are dealing with big and heavy fish you will need a longer handle. You will be able to use both hands to support the weight. You can cast further when you have the long handle.
Short handles are fit for small fish and short cast.
You can choose the length you are comfortable with. This is because the handles have:
Full grip. They are fit for heavy fish and for long casting.
Split grip. Fit for a short casting.
Pistol grip. Fit for light fish and short cast.
Both pistol and split grip don’t have material. This makes them be lighter compared to full grip.
2. The Material Used To Make The Rod.
A fishing rod is made of fiberglass and graphite. When you need a sensitive and light rod, go for the graphite. Its price is higher compared to the one of fiberglass.
Fiberglass rod is fit when you require medium weight. It bends evenly when you are using different length.
Many people prefer graphite rod to fiberglass rod.
3. The Length Of The Rod.
You should buy a rod with the length you are comfortable with. A long rod will accommodate several lines.
When there is a lot of pressure from a resisting caught fish, a longer handle would help you to remain in control.
4. Reel Seats.
There are reel seats that enable you to touch the blanks at a grip of the reel and the rod. There are different types of reel seats.
There are those that are wide and others slim. The size of the seat nuts and the placement of trigger are different for each type of reel seat.
You can identify the one that is fit for you when you hold them to feel the texture and the comfort. For a rod to perform effectively, it should have the following:
- Sufficient power.
- Have adjustable length.
- Be flexible.
- Have comfortable reel seats.
5. Line Guides.
Ensure that you get a rod with outstanding guides. Every line guide type has a different price tag. When you are fishing in fresh water you can choose between a standard and micro line guides.
Micro guidelines are tiny; they are fit for fly fish gadgets. They are the lightest and their sensitivity is high. The guide allows you to cast further.
You will need many micro guides on 1 rod at the blank. This makes it be expensive. Purchase the fishing rod with the guides you will be comfortable with.
6. Spinner Baits.
Spinner baits have a large hook. Your choice of the rod should have heavy/medium power. The hook gets to the jaw of the fish when you apply a lot of force.
You can regulate the size of the bait. When you use smaller spinner bait, you can use a smaller bait to allow you to cast further.
When the action is light, spinner baits become heavier. You can achieve high stability with the heavy and medium rod that has swift action.
You can cast further with a swift action when you have heavy spinner bait.
For a rod to bend you has to apply pressure that is called power. You will need to exert more pressure on rods that require heavy actions for them to bend.
A rod with light action requires less pressure for it to bend. The rods are categorized into different classes.
There are times when the gauge is in between two gauges. They are said to be medium heavy and medium light.
8. Crank Baits.
You will apply medium power when crank bait has treble hooks. When a rod requires a light action it will bend easily on applying little pressure.
This will prevent a hooked fish from getting away. The treble hooks help in hooking the jaw of the fish. Go for the crank that has not less than 2 treble hooks for a firm hook and an easy bend.
You will need heavy action for heavy crank baits. To cast bait you need to make use of lightest action.
This is the point at which blanks bends when you exert pressure. It includes the extent of the bend and the ease.
The action can be rated as:
Speed can be used to describe an action as well.
It describes the speed at which the bending stops.
It describes how fast power is moved to the rods’ blank.
It is categorized as:
- Extra fast.
- Moderate fast.
The action of the rod will determine:
- Tip sensitivity.
- The casting rate.
- Hook set transfer rate.
When you need lighter bait cast you will need a slower action. When you need a heavy action you will need heavy bait.
Now that I have given you the above information, you can now make a wise decision. Ensure that you buy the best fishing rod in the market.
You should consider the following as you shop for the best fishing rod.
- Line guides.
- Rod handlers.
- Crank baits.
- Reel seats.
- Rod material.
Buy the best fishing rod today and start enjoying your recreational activities